Apple iTunes 11.0.5 - iTunes "buy all" button / feature of "My Wishlist" page removed

I am a huge fan of Apple and Apple products until I have observed that Apple is running out of fuel for innovation and its basics. There have been many critics both inside and outside of the wall street showing different pictures of Apple Inc., since Tim Cook took over as the CEO.

Feature rich iPhone and iPad is diminishing year by year with low # of new features introduced. Today Apple frustrated me more. iTunes 11.0.5 was released this week. I am sure millions of us would have updated the software. Guess what ? One of the key feature of iTunes is missing - "buy all" button from your iTunes account wishlist page.

If you have been a user like me who click on "Add to Wishlist" whenever you hear a music, video or books to buy later on, then iTunes 11.0.5 makes you feel that you are stupid. Apple have removed the "buy all" feature. You need to buy each and every thing individually which means, each new song have new invoice/bill.

I tried to chat with Apple iTunes Support, it said the wait time was 2 minutes and it didn't come up even after 12 minutes. I closed it. Next option I tired was let Apple call you. I did get the automated call back in 2 minutes. To get  a human behind the voice, I had to wait 5 minutes. The support lady put me on hold twice as she herself couldn't find the button. She had to check with her supervisor and then another supervisor if anything could be done. Finally the response from the lady was - Sorry the "buy all" feature have been removed with new iTunes. Neither she nor her manager know why it was removed. The lady asked me if she can take my case or concern to the development group. That was nice of her to do (I am not sure if she actually did or was trying to calm a customer). I am told that Apple will not update me if they would consider it to enable the button again or not. She asked me to keep on checking for updated for next few weeks. At least the support lady had patience and was able to listen to the customer frustration.

With 10 invoices for 10 songs; the end user, the credit card company and even Apple itself will have tough time managing the iTunes Store business. I am not sure why Apple has decided to add fancy images and all kinds of junk to the clean and simple iTunes and taking away the useful feature.

Eddy Cue (Apple's senior vice president of Internet Software and Services and reports to CEO Tim Cook), could you please listen to the millions of customers and not take away simplicity and elegance from iTunes?

3 comments: